Hey! I can’t get into my Google Account!

Believe me, if you read this title, you’re not the only one who has experienced frustration when trying to get into their Google Apps account.  Even me!  I forgot that I had changed my password after a couple of days of not logging in and it took me at least 3 times before I got in!

There are two basic ways of getting into your AEA 267 Google account. The first is by going to www.google.com and clicking on the Sign button in the upper right hand side of the screen.  

Which takes you to this screen.  Your email (yxxxxx@aea267.k12.ia.us) goes in the top box and your password in the second box.  Click on Sign in and you will be logged in to your account.

You can tell if you are logged in by looking in the upper right hand corner of any Google page (Docs, calendar, the home page).  You should see your name and/or your picture.

The second way to log into your AEA 267 Google Apps account is when you receive an email saying that someone has shared a GoogleDoc with you. Usually something that looks like this…

If you click on the link provided, (and you are not logged into your Google account), you will get a screen that looks like this…

From this screen you only need to enter your username, the portion of your email address before the “@” symbol, which in my case is kschmalen.  If you try to enter your entire email address (kschmalen@aea267.k12.ia.us) you will get an error message that says, these characters are not allowed (@) 

Input your password and you should be good to go!  If you are having problems with you password, please contact myself (kschmalen@aea267.k12.ia.us) or Steve Hauser at shauser@aea267.k12.ia or by phone at 319-268-7637.  We would be more than happy to help!

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.