Google Tip- #1 Adding a Description

I was afforded the incredible opportunity to become a Google certified trainer for AEA267. I have always been a fan of Google, especially GoogleDocs and I owe a huge bit of thanks to my literacy colleagues who 3-4 years ago took a risk and started using GoogleDocs for a variety of purposes within our team.  In our agency we now have added 3 more trainers (Brian Unruh, Clair Judas, & Dave Schaefer) and to date we have trained over 300 AEA and LEA staff in the use of the tools within GoogleApps.

Adding a Description to your GoogleDocs Files/Collections

My purpose of this post is to provide a useful tip that you may or may not have already heard of.

So to start off this first post, I am going to address a little known area on the right hand side of your Google Docs Home page where you can add a description to your files or to your collections.

When you select or highlight the file or collection, you can add a description of this file or collection.  This can be especially helpful when you want to add additional information about this file or collection that wouldn’t be appropriate within the title.

There are lots of little tricks that can help you organize your files within Google and adding a description is one of those easy features that can help with keeping all those files and collections straight.

2 Comments

1. Kristy Williamson wrote:

I am looking forward to learning about googledocs and google apps, and I appreciate you leading us with this!

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 8:37 am | Permalink
  2. kschmalen wrote:

Thanks so much Kristy! It is an exciting time for our Agency and I am excited at the possibilities now that we have more staff members utilizing a remote office.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.